Get Your Taxes Ready – April 15th is Tax Day!

A Handwritten Sticky Note and an Eyeglasses on a White Paper | Breast Cancer Car Donations

Photo by Leeloo Thefirst under Pexels License 

Get Your Taxes Ready—April 15 is Tax Day

Tax Day is a very important day in our calendar since it is the due date for the filing of income tax returns to the IRS. This year, Tax Day falls on April 15 throughout the United States except in Maine and Massachusetts where the final day for the filing of income tax returns is on April 17.

To help you prepare for the big day, here are some useful details in the filing of your income tax return:

‘When can I start filing for my 2018 tax return?’

In case you’re not yet aware, the IRS started accepting tax return filings last January 28. You should have already received your W-2 form from your employer before you begin filing your taxes. Also, be sure that the form was filed and postmarked on or before January 31.

‘What are the requirements needed to submit my tax return?’

All you’ll need is a Wage and Tax Statement, or a W-2 form, from every employer you’ve had in 2018.

‘What if I work as a freelancer?’

In your case, you’ll need to submit 1099 forms.

It’s already mid-February and I still haven’t received my form. What should I do?

The first thing you must do is to contact your employer. You have two options—either obtain a copy or request them to resend it. If it’s still unsuccessful, you can reach the IRS at 800-829-1040, and provide the agency with the following details:

  • Name, address, Social Security number, and contact number
  • Employer’s name, address, and contact number
  • Dates you have worked for in your present company
  • An estimate of your federal income tax withheld and your paid wages during 2018

‘What happens if I still don’t have my W-2 form by April 15?’

You can submit Form 4852 instead, along with the estimation of your withheld taxes and wages. Another option is to file a six-month extension by using the IRS Free File here.

‘When can I receive my tax refund?’

In most instances, tax refunds are sent by the IRS within 21 days of filing. Once you’re done filing, you can check your tax refund status here.

Get a Tax Deduction by Making a Vehicle Donation

One way to reduce your tax bill is by opting for itemized deductions when you file your income tax return. One of several tax-deductible items is vehicle donation to an IRS-certified charity or nonprofit organization.

If you have a vehicle you no longer need, you can donate it to us at Breast Cancer Car Donations. Not only will you get to dispose of an unwanted vehicle for free while receiving a maximum tax deduction, but you’ll also be supporting needy breast cancer patients in your community who are fighting to stay alive.

We will sell your donated vehicle via auction and use the proceeds to support the comprehensive breast health programs of our charity partners. These IRS-certified 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations provide their beneficiaries with services that focus on breast cancer prevention, screening, diagnosis, and treatment.

When you join our vehicle donation program, you won’t have to worry about anything, including paperwork and towing services, since our team will take care of everything for you for free.

For more information on our vehicle donation program, check out our FAQs page. For inquiries, you may call us at 866-540-5069 or send us a message online.

You can make your donation by filling out our secure online donation form. We accept almost all types of vehicles regardless of their age and condition. We also accept vehicle donations anywhere in the United States since we have car donation programs in all 50 states.

Turn Your Old Car into a Lifesaver!

It’s truly amazing how you can turn an old vehicle that’s just gathering dust in your garage into a lifesaver. Call us at 866-540-5069 and help save the lives of struggling breast cancer patients in your community with your car donation!